Thursday 14 May 2015

FAVOURITE SKINCARE!

Hi everyone, 

So today I wanted to bring you with my favourite skincare products. The majority of which are drugstore so should be easily available to get hold of and relatively cheap too. Boots and superdrug regularly hold 3 for 2 offers as well so it's always a good idea to stock up when you can. I will leave links below on where you can get hold of each product, along with my thoughts on each one. I hope you enjoy this post and that it is useful for you. I love my skincare, especially now that I am getting older (23 already... Yikes!!) I like to know that I am taking care of myself. 


The first item I will be mentioning is the Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner from Simple. This product claims to leave your skin clean and refreshed, which I believe it does. I use this product after I wash my face and it really helps my skin to feel clean. This product feels really natural and almost like I am just putting water on my face as some toners can be really irritating on the face. (I have sensitive skin if anyone is wondering) I do prefer to use toners that are in a spray bottle, however I don't mind using this one as unlike some toners, this one is really easy to control how much you use and how much of it comes out. 
Rating: 3.5/5
Link: http://www.boots.com/en/Simple-Kind-To-Skin-Soothing-Facial-Toner-200ml_1523/

The second item I want to share with you is also from Simple and it is the Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash. I bought this because I really wanted an exfoliator as well as a normal face wash. I mainly use this when I'm in the bath or shower and use the other one on a regular day to day basis. (This just makes it easier for me, rather than having to move my facewash around as it is always by my sink) this product has Witch Hazel in it, a calming skin ingredient and I feel that since using this product, it has helped calm my skin down of any breakouts and spots. What I love about this product also is that it is oil balancing so if you have an oily t-zone like me or oily skin in general it really helps to control that, especially now we are coming into summer here in the UK because if you we like me, lots of sunshine and being outside effects the amount of oil my skin produces. 
Rating: 3.5/5
Link: http://www.boots.com/en/Simple-Clear-Skin-Oil-Balancing-Exfoliation-Wash-150ml_6332/

Thirdly I want to talk about the Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes. These are a must have in my skincare routine as they are the only wipes that effectively remove my makeup whilst not irritating my sensitive skin. In the past I have used 'sensitive' skin wipes,  which have irritated my skin more. These wipes are a godsend in my opinion and the only wipes that I use now. The wipes themselves aren't too dry either and have the right amount of moisture in them. I find that I can remove most of my makeup with these wipes. (I use anothe product for my mascara/eye liner) overall, these wipes get a huge thumbs up from me. 
Rating: 4.5/5
Link: http://www.boots.com/en/Simple-Kind-To-Skin-Facial-Cleansing-Wipes-1-x-25-Wipes_784/

The Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Facial Wash is another face wash I use from Simple. This is my everyday facewash that I use morning and night as it is very gentle. I find that this facewash makes my skin feel soft and clean of any excess makeup. This facewash is a foaming facewash, which are my favourites. (I have the face scrub from Simple too but find it can scratch and irritate my skin a little bit) this is a good facewash if you just want something simple to use on an every day basis. It's nothing spectacular but it does its job which is why I like it. 
Rating: 3.5/5
Link: http://www.boots.com/en/Simple-Kind-To-Skin-Moisturising-Facial-Wash-150ml_6131/

Next I want to talk about the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I absolutely adore this product and since using this product, I have noticed a huge difference when it comes to taking off eye makeup to the extent that I now enjoy taking it off rather than it being a constant chore and struggle. It honestly removes makeup SO easily and effortlessly. It doesn't sting the eyes either, which is a bonus. (Not suggesting you pour it into your eyes though) to use it, I tip some product onto a cotton pad and leave it over my closed eye for a few seconds and gently swipe. This product is especially good if you are tired and don't want to wash your face because it has cleansing properties so if you are feeling lazy (which is so bad because I've done this before) you can just use this product and you are good to go. This is one product that I will be continuously buying for a very very long time, unless I find something even better which to be honest I highly doubt.  
Rating: 5/5
Link: http://www.boots.com/en/Garnier-Micellar-Cleansing-Water-400ml_1440752/

The L'orĂ©al Skin Perfection Advanced Correcting Serum is a brand new product I am currently trying and so far, I am really liking how it sits on and reacts with my skin. On the packaging it says to use alone or before moisturiser but I've been using it as a primer before makeup and find that it works really really well. It sinks into my skin really nicely and makes it feel so smooth and silky and ready for makeup. The product also claims to minimalise the appearance of pores and whilst I haven't noticed a major difference in them, my overall skin appearance does look better and almost slightly airbrushed. 
Rating: 4/5
Link: http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Paris-Skin-Perfection-Advanced-Correcting-Serum_1360860/

In terms of moisturisers, I am currently using two different ones. The first one is the Nivea Daily Essentials Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream for Oily/Combination Skin. I use this as my standard everyday moisturiser. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this moisturiser. My mum actually gave it to me because she never used to it so I gave it a whirl, not thinking anything of it but I was pleasantly surprised. This moisturiser works so well on dry patches of the skin. Although this is aimed at Oily skin and whilst I do have Oily skin, I do have some dry areas such as around my mouth and nose. I found that this cream works so well on those dry patches and makes my whole skin feel moisturiser and soft. My only gripe really is that I tend to use this product up so fast, despite the fact it is 50mls.
Rating: 4.5/5
Link: http://www.boots.com/en/Nivea-Daily-Essentials-Oil-Free-Moisturising-Day-Cream-For-Oily-to-Combination-Skin-50ml_1142586/

The Simple Spotless Skin Anti-blemish Moisturiser is the second product I am currently using. I mainly use this when I have breakouts to help calm my skin down. This product has Zinc and Camomile inside, which are popular skin calming ingredients. Since using this product, I have noticed that whilst my breakouts haven't gone, they have noticeably reduced and the area is a lot calmer. This isn't my favourite product but until I find a really good spot reducing product, I will stick with this. 
Rating: 3.5/5
Link: http://www.boots.com/en/Simple-Clear-Skin-Oil-Balancing-Moisturiser-75ml_6338/ (this one is slightly different because for some reason the original one featured isn't available anymore, unless they have just changed the packaging)

Now it is on to eye creams! 

One of my favourite skin care products is eye creams and I like to invest highly in them, mainly because I have really dark circles so I like to do everything I can to diminish them. 

The first two I want to talk about are from Benefit. 

The It's Potent Eye Cream Is a product that I have a love/hate relationship with. The product itself smells really good! (Like apple cider) this product claims to help with dark eye circles and I was really expecting good things from this, however I found that it didn't help with them whatsoever! After trying this, I felt really bummed, HOWEVER this cream is amazing as a moisturising eye cream as the formula is really thick and perfect for soothing dry eyes. The texture can be a bit greasy, so when applying before makeup I would wait until it has been fully absorbed into the skin, which you should do anyway. I wouldn't recommend this for dark circles, however I would recommend it as a moisturiser for the eyes. 
Rating: 3/5
Link: https://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/its-potent-eye-cream

The Puff Off eye gel from Benefit is fantastic in that it has a fancy iron looking 'cooling' tip that makes this gel glide on sooooo smoothly. I really love this product for waking up my eyes and it really does help with puffiness. I use this when I wake up feeling really tired or after an exhausting day and I love it. The applicator, however is very hard to control and it is so easy to waste some product as loads often comes out at once. The formula itself is really nice though and isn't too thick nor too funny. 
Rating: 4/5
Link: https://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/puff-off

My current favourite eye cream is the Keihl's Midnight Recovery Eye and I am absolutely in love with this product. This product smells so so good and feel so so nice on the skin. The applicator tip is tiny so it is super easy to apply under the eyes. Although this product is rather expensive, I feel that for the money it is highly worth it. It glides on really smoothly and makes the under eye area feel really smooth. I have noticed also, when using this product, my concealer under my eyes goes on so nice and smoothly which is a huge bonus. This is a fairly new product of mine so I can't give a too detailed review on it, however if you are looking for a new eye cream I would recommend investing in this one because so far it proving to be amazing. 
Rating: 4/5
Link: http://www.kiehls.co.uk/skin-care/by-category/eyes-lips/midnight-recovery-eye

Lastly I wanted to give a mention to some new lipbalms that I have been absolutely adoring. These are the Hurraw! Lipbalms and I have them in Coconut, Vanilla and Chai Spice. I originally purchased these after seeing 'Shaaanxo' rave about them on YouTube and they are well worth purchasing! What I love about these is that they come in all sorts of flavours but not only that, they are also vegan and cruelty free. They are perfect for your handbag, makeup bag, etc because they are so slim. In terms of the formula, they feel really nice on the lips. Not too waxy or sticky. I hate lip products that are sticky. Overall I really love these and I can't wait to try out the other flavours! 
Rating: 5/5
Link: http://www.mypure.co.uk/brand/hurraw?gclid=CjwKEAjwj9GqBRCRlPram97Xk3ESJADrN7IegUo8EBoqpkRxoDjsNUw1wudbW_tZKXunowQynjjVgxoCAP3w_wcB

if you have any questions or feedback, i'd love to hear you comments.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Katie

x





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Press

Followers

Copyright © Neverland Katie | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com