Tuesday 12 May 2015

♡ what's in my makeup bag? ♡

Hi everyone, 

So today I thought I would show you all what's in my makeup bag! I LOVE these type of posts and videos, mainly because I am generally a really nosy person haha but I also love to look for new products to try. I hope this post is somewhat useful to you all. I keep all my favourite makeup in my makeup bag including all of my everyday looks so this post is a sort of three-in-one post :) 


The makeup bag I am using at the moment is one of Zoe (Zoella's) makeup bags and you can purchase these in super drug! I opted for the mint green one and believe me it took a LOT of time for me to decide which one to buy because they are all so cute.


The majority of makeup I use on a day-to-day basis is drugstore, however I do LOVE high-end products too. 

As you can see, the majority of lipsticks I keep in my bag (actually all my lipsticks) are red. I keep going through fazes when it comes to lipstick colours and at the moment I am loving red! I find it to be a really classy colour and it's super feminine too. 

The four red lipsticks I own from MAC (as seen above) are: Ruby Woo (Retro Matte), Brave Red (Creemsheen), Chilli (Matte) and Lady Bug (Lustre). I tend to only wear Ruby Woo when going to special events because it is such a bright bold red and it is also very very dry on my lips so wearing it everyday would not be a wise choice. Lady Bug I would describe as a 'red' red because it has no obvious undertones. (Ruby Woo has very strong blue undertones which I feel don't really suit me as well) Brave Red is very glossy and I would describe it as a very bright red too and I feel this would suit most skin tones. (I am an NC25 in MAC for anyone wondering) Chilli is one of my favourite lipsticks because it is orange based however it is still quite subtle and still obviously red. I love chilli and I think it is one of those lipsticks that is highly underrated, I never see anyone rave about this. I do feel that orange toned lipsticks suit me more because of my yellow toned skin and I feel that they go so well with green eyes, which I have.

Moving on, I recently purchased MAC's Bronzer in Golden and a Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle (after it being forever out of stock EVERYWHERE) And since purchasing these items weeks ago, they haven't left my bag since. I honestly wear these two products every day! The bronzer is beautiful in that it's not too brown or too orange, it's super natural and super pretty for spring! The highlighter too isn't too strong either. I mean, it's not 'subtle' but it's not intense either. It's that really nice 'in-between' and it makes your cheek bones look really glowy and beautiful. 

L'oréal is one of my favourite drugstore makeup brands so it is no surprise that I have a few of their items in my makeup bag. The Lumi Magique base is on my favourites as it gives a dewy effect to your foundation. I also find that this primer lasts for ages and I never seem to run out of it, which is a huge sigh of relief for my bank balance. Saying that, it's not expensive though. It's also a very close dupe to the MAC Strobe Cream. 

When it comes to eye products and particularly mascara, I always find myself going back to Maybelline. I think it's a nostalgia thing because when I was in my early teens, I would ONLY wear Maybelline. Anyway, I have tried so many higher mascaras and some are amazing (Benefit, Lancôme, MAC) are my favourites however after trying the Lash Sensational Mascara by Maybelline, I have been suckered back in... Now this mascara is a very very good dupe for the new Benefit Roller Lash, as the wands are very very similar. I do prefer the Roller Lash, just because it's not as clumpy but if you are on a budget, I would highly recommend this one. It makes your lashes super thick and it's really easy to remove. (I use Garnier Micellar Water)

Eyebrows are something that I take great pride in and I LOVE a really good eyebrow product! At the moment I am trying the benefit Gimme Brow in Medium along with L'oréal's Brow Artist Plumper (which I believe has fibres in it so it makes your brows super thick) I find that the two compliment each other really well and my eyebrows stay on FOREVER!! 

In terms of blushes, my absolute favourite is benefit's Dandelion blush!! I have to be honest and say that I am NOT a blush person, however when I feel like wearing it, I always go for benefit Dandelion. It is the perfect pink colour and it goes really well with red lipsticks as long as you apply it lightly, otherwise it's more clown face then pretty face. 

If anyone would like a more in depth review of any of these products or would like to know anything about any of the products I haven't mentioned in this post, feel free to comment and ask me. I didn't want to make this post super long so I thought I would just mention my favourites. (I am also trying out the L'oréal foundation at the moment so I will probably make a blog post/review on that soon) 

I hope you all have an amazing day! 

Katie 

X



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Press

Followers

Copyright © Neverland Katie | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com