Tuesday 12 May 2015

MAC Sheen Supreme - Korean Candy Review ♡

Hi everyone, 

Today I wanted to bring you all with a mini review on a new lipstick I purchased this month! That lipstick is MAC's Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Korean Candy!! Now when I purchased this lipstick, I intended on getting Morange (Amplified) however they were sold out so I opfted for option B ... Korean Candy! In the shop, Korean Candy and Morange swatched very similar. The only real difference I saw was that Morange was a true 'Orange' orange whereas Korean Candy is more 'Popsicle' Orange! (I am so bad at describing colours so please forgive me) 

Anyway on to the swatches and review!! 


As mentioned, Korean Candy is a Sheen Supreme so therefore this kind of lipstick opts for a different kind of packaging and to be honest, I much prefer this kind of packaging to the original lipsticks. 

The Sheen Supreme lipsticks are priced currently at £16.50 and you can purchase them from www.maccosmetics.co.uk if you live on the UK. (They are also available in places like Selfridges, House of Fraser, Debenhams and John Lewis) 

These lipsticks are super super creamy and highly pigmented. When I first heard about these lipsticks, I assumed they wouldn't be very pigmented because the 'sheen' element suggests to me that they would only appear as a sheen on the lips, however I find these to be pigmented and the formula is very close to that of the original Cremesheens and Amplified Lipsticks from MAC. 


Above is a swatch of Korean Candy and as you can see it is a very very bright orange, however I LOVE it! This lipstick has no shimmer in it, it feels sooo creamy on the lips and whilst the colour may not appeal to everyone, it is super flattering on me. Previously when watching YouYubers use  orange lipsticks, I thought they couldn't possibly pull off ORANGE LIPS but I was so so wrong! This colour looks absolutely beautiful on yellow toned skin and if you have a tan it would look super gorgeous too. I find that this colour compliments my green eyes so so well, as it would with blue eyes too. I think this is the perfect colour to wear in the summer time and I can't wait to rock this on the beach!! In terms of staying power, I was pleasantly surprised at long it stayed put. With the formula being soooo creamy, I was expecting it to last two or three hours at most, however i found that this could last up to 6 hoursish (depending on what you eat and drink) however I would recommend topping it up regularly as some bits tend to fade faster than others. Ie in the centre of the lips. With this lipstick I would recommend wearing a lip balm. (I always do anyway with any lipstick) the forumula is quite thick on the lips so it may dry out lips a bit more then your standard creamy lipstick.

Below is a picture of me wearing the lipstick. In pictures the lipstick pulls slightly red, however in person it is definitely orange. ALSO, if anyone is ever looking for the perfect nail polish to match an orange lip, I found that 'Glaston-Berry' from The Rimmel Kate Moss collection matches PERFECTLY!! (It is what I am also wearing in the picture below) 



I hope everyone gives this lipstick a go and if you are afraid of trying orange lips... DON'T BE!! 

I hope you all enjoyed this review! I give this lipstick a 4/5 stars!! 

Have an amazing day everyone! 

Katie

X






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Press

Followers

Copyright © Neverland Katie | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com