Wednesday 9 September 2015

REVIEW: MAC Whirl Lipstick & Whirl Lipliner ♡

Hey Guys,

So i've been a bit absent from my blog lately due to being incredibly busy (also a tad bit stressed with just life) but I am BACK! I really wanted to get back in to making some more content on here as I missed it so much... so here I am and I have LOADS of new and exciting posts coming up that I cannot wait to show you so watch this space...

Anyway, today I have a very exciting review for you all. I am little bit late on this bandwagon but MAC recently released a new matte collection including introducing two of their lip liners (Stone & Whirl) into their lipstick range which I think is really fancy pansy and such a good idea. I've always wanted to try the Whirl lip liner after the Kylie Jenner lip craze but it was always sold out both online and in the stores so I figured I should just give up so when I heard MAC had released Whirl as a Lipstick, I could not resist picking one up & better still, they actually had the Whirl lip liner in stock too so I picked them both up. *happy dances*

I actually picked these up a few weeks ago so i've had plenty of time to try and test them out and so here is my review :)

In terms of the consistency, both the lip liner and lipstick are quite dry, which is expected due to them being a matte formula. Saying that, they are nowhere near as dry as the Ruby Woo Lipstick also by MAC. I would highly recommend wearing a good lip balm with these (especially if you are wearing the lip liner and lipstick together) although i'd recommend wearing a lip balm anyway with any lip product. Hurraw! lip balms are my favourite and they are both vegan and cruelty free!

In terms of the colour, MAC describes whirl as a 'dirty rose' and although I somewhat agree with this, to me it pulls more brown then rose. It is still a beautiful colour though. (for reference, I have yellow tones in my skin)




In terms of wear, with the liner underneath the lipstick, it lasts considerably longer than without it, although it will last quite a long time, a good six hours at least (drinking and eating included) with just the lipstick. Because of this longevity, it can be slightly awkward to use and remove as the slightest lip touch up can cause it to smudge and then be almost impossible to remove. I found this out when I had drawn slightly over my desired lip lines and then had to remove it all and start again. I also found that this lipstick can be very hard to remove if you find yourself drinking straight from a cup or glass as I had a lipstick mark on mine AFTER it had been removed from the dishwasher. Whirl is some pretty powerful stuff I have to say. 


anyway, here is a picture of me wearing the Whirl lipstick on it's own. I honestly don't think you need both the liner and the lipstick. The liner is slightly darker in shade and is also a bit more drying. I would only use it to line my lips if I want them to be really defined, but apart from that there really is no need to buy both but of course you still can. Don't take my word for it. I find this lipstick to very two sided. What I mean by that is sometimes I like it and thinks it looks good and other times I feel like it washed me out. It is quite a dark lipstick and although I do think it will look nice/does looks nice on pale skin (on photos i've seen), on me tends to make me look paler than I actually am. This could be due to the changing seasons and the fact that i'm so used to wearing lighter colours now but something about it just doesn't look right. however, saying that, some days this lipstick can look absolutely beautiful and really flattering. One of the big factors I feel contributes to this is what I am wearing clothes wise. If I wear neutral colours, browns, blacks, greys etc, I feel like the lipstick just matches with my outfit and brings my whole look together. I guess because the colours aren't really contrasting and are more harmonising, having a darker lipstick just makes it the cherry on the cake. Another thing with this lipstick is that I find it quite difficult to match it with a blush. In the photo above I am wearing Rimmel Santa Rose and it is the only blush I have that matches this look.

Let me know what you guys think anyway because i'm still a little bit undecided. Although I will still continue to use it and experiment with different looks and options, I feel like I have to much more effort in my look when I wear this. It may sound a bit stupid to some but I like my whole self (clothes and makeup) to co-ordinate with one another so it all fits. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this review. Sorry if it is a bit wishy washy, i'm still trying to get back into the hang of blogging. 

I hope you all have a nice week,

Katie. xxx

p.s. can we all just take a moment to appreciate the fact that Autumn is pretty much here. *squeals* I love Autumn. Pumpkin spice lattes, dark evenings, cooler weather, jumpers and ugg boots, oh and my birthday. yay!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Press

Followers

Copyright © Neverland Katie | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com