Wednesday 24 June 2015

SUMMER BEAUTY TAG - DESERT ISLAND


Since it's summer and the majority of us will be jetting off on holiday soon, I took this as a great opportunity to do a desert island beauty tag! (because what's better than being stranded on a desert island right?) stranded on an island or not, I thought this would be a great tag to do and it might just help me decide what products to take on my own holiday.... at least I will be prepared if the worse were to happen. oh dear! Anyway on to the tag and if you find yourself reading this post, I tag YOU to do this and discover what your favourite makeup items are!


Imagine you were stranded on a desert island and could only take ONE of each of your favorite products? What would you take and why?
SUNSCREEN: I usually just use whatever my mum packs in her wash bag when I go on holiday to be honest and that is usually garnier. I also love Johnsons holiday skin as it gives you a gradual tan whilst protecting you from the sun.
SHAMPOO: For shampoo I would take the Herbal Essences Coconut Hydrating shampoo because it makes your hair feel and smell lush. You'll feel like you are in the Caribbean. 
CONDITIONER: For conditioner I would 100% take the Tresseme Keratin Smooth, 7 day straight conditioner. There is nothing worse than frizzy or unruly hair and if you are going to be stranded on an island for quite sometime, you want to be looking slick and straight at all times. 
FACIAL CLEANSER: For cleaner I would take my LUSH Dark Angels cleanser. It is super cleansing and really brings out all the dirt in your pores. It is also charcoal based and works great as a face mask too. Perfect for those long lazy days on the island. 
BODY CLEANSER: I don't use cleansers as such on my body, however the body shop Fiji Green Tea body scrub is the best thing I have ever used on my skin. It is super refreshing and also feels quite cooling too with a scent that lasts for ages on the skin. This product screams summer to me!
TONER: In terms of toner, I usually go for something quite cheap or make my own. I am currently using a tea trea based toner made from highly concentrated tea tree oil and water in a small spray bottle. The tea tree really helps with redness and spots so you can look spot free and feel toned at the same time. 
MOISTURIZER/OIL: The moisturiser I would take would be the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel. This is a lovely product that makes your skin feel very hydrated and smooth. It really sinks into the skin and makes it feel soft and lush. 
EYE CREAM: For eye cream I would take the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Cream. It is highly moisturising and makes your under eye area feel nourished. It is also perfect if you have dry skin as it really does add moisture to your skin. 
BODY OIL/LOTION: For body lotion I would take one of the Victoria Secret body lotions as they have great scents and the bottles are super cute too. My current favourite is the coconut and vanilla scent. 
PRIMER: The primer I would take with me would be the BareMinerals neutralising primer. As my skin can get quite uneven and also red from acne scars, this is the perfect product to help counteract the redness. The formula as well is quite creamy and not so much silocone-y or grainy like a lot of other primers so I love if for that reason too. 
FOUNDATION: If I was going to be stranded on a desert island, I probably wouldn't take a heavy duty foundation, purely because I wouldn't be seeing anyone and also because I don't like to wear heavy makeup in the sun anyway. If i were however to take a foundation, I would take the Bareminerals Brightening Serum Foundation. It is a really nice silky textured foundation that is super easy to apply. It also looks very natural and gives your skin a beautiful satin look. I would also bring with me the Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream as the moisture in this is incredible and perfect for long, hot, summer days. 
EYESHADOW: For eyeshadow (although I don't wear it much), I would bring with me my Naked Palette by Urban Decay because it offers a lot of different makeup looks and bronzed looks too. 
EYE LINER: My Superliner by L'Oreal is one of the only eye liners that I can actually use without getting it everywhere so this product would be a must. 
MASCARA: For Mascara I would bring Rollerlash by Benefit as this mascara is incredible and offers amazing curl so there would be no need to bring an eyelash curler. It is also super easy to remove and does a great job at separating the lashes. 
BLUSH: Instead of blush I would bring bronzer. (Does that class as cheating?!) I would bring my NARS Laguna as it is absolutely beautiful and perfect for summer. It is also my favourite makeup product EVER so I can't really leave it behind now can I?
LIPSTICK: For lippie, I would bring Ruby Woo by MAC because I live in red lipstick and Ruby Woo is super long lasting and super bright as well. Nothing like making a statement on a desert island with a bright red lip!!
LIPGLOSS: I barely wear lipgloss but I would probably bring one from NYX because they smell lush and so yummy! (The butter lip glosses)
SCENT: My favourite scent right now (although I don't actually have it) is the Turquatic Fragrance from MAC. It just screams summer to me and would be the perfect fresh scent for any summer holiday. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Press

Followers

Copyright © Neverland Katie | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com