Wednesday 24 June 2015

MY FAVOURITE BRONZERS ❤️

Hi everyone,

So today I wanted to bring you with a favourites post and since we are coming into summer, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to show you all my favourite BRONZERS!! 

Bronzers are honestly one of my favourite makeup products to buy (as are highlighters) and you can find amazing bronzers in both the drugstores and high-end. The ones I will be discussing today are my ultimate favourite bronzers and I've included both shimmery and matte bronzers that can be used for contouring and getting that 'beach/I've just been out in the sun glow'. 

Let's get started :) 

CHANEL - SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL (Bronze Universel) 


So the first product I want to talk about is one from CHANEL. This product is a cream bronzer so it is perfect if you have dry or really dry skin. It is also perfect for summer as you can achieve a really nice subtle bronzed glow if you blend it out well. As it is a cream, I find it to be really easy to blend out and you can also do subtle contouring with this too. 


Above is a swatch of this bronzer on my hand and as you can see, it is a beautiful colour. I have warm undertones in my skin and I think that this bronzer works beautifully on yellow based skin as it looks like 'your skin but bronzed' if that makes sense. It is perfect if you want a more 'natural' bronzed look. I also found that this bronzer does not make you look shimmery at all which is perfect if you are going for a more natural bronze look. 

You can purchase this product for £31.00  from most high-end stores like John Lewis, Debenhams, Selfridges etc or from the official CHANEL website. 

Tip: be careful when it comes to choosing what brush to use with this product as the hairs in non-synthetic brushes tend to come out and stick to the bronzer.


BOURJOIS PARIS - Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder in 51



The next product I would like to give a mention to is one from BOURJOIS PARIS. I have a real soft spot for this product as it was the first ever bronzer I ever purchased back in my early makeup days and I love it just as much now as I did when I was a teen. Unlike the CHANEL bronzer that only comes in one shade, this one currently comes in two (51 & 52). I have tried both and I honestly don't see much difference. This product is shimmery, although it's a nice shimmer that's subtle and not too intense and it is a perfect 'starting off bronzer' for those of you who are just starting to get into makeup. I've honestly used this product for years and I've probably repurchased this about 10 times at least. 


Above is a swatch and as you can see, the shimmer is virtually undetectable. It is a beautiful warm bronzer (quite similar to the CHANEL bronzer actually) and I feel that this bronzer would suit a lot of skin tones and shades. If you have darker skin though, I wouldn't recommend it due to it  being quite subtle. 

This bronzer you can buy from virtually anywhere. Boots and superdrug are your best bet and the current retail price is £7.99

NYC - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in 720A Sunny 


This bronzer is one that I think everyone should have in their makeup bag. I've found that is really hard to find a good contour bronzer that is both cheap and has no shimmer. That is until I discovered NYC. The packaging may not be my favourite.... However it's what inside that counts and at £1.99 this product is pretty freakin amazing!! 



From the swatch above you can see that this product is quite dark. (I am an NC25 in MAC for reference) although this looks quite warm toned in the picture, it is definitely slightly more cool toned in person. This is a perfect contouring product if you want something to add to your collection or are just beginning to experiment with makeup and for £1.99 you can't really go wrong. My only grip about this product is that it is so easy to pick up too much product on your brush so be careful. 

NARS - Bronzing Powder in Laguna 



Ahh NARS Laguna!! My favourite Bronzer of all time. I actually feel quite emotional writing about this one... Mainly because I have hit pan and that in itself makes me want to cry....

So NARS Laguna.. If I could only take one product on holiday with me this year, it would hands down be this. This is one of the prettiest bronzers I have ever owned. It is a beautiful warm bronze shade that has a slight shimmer and gives a pretty glow to the skin. This works well as both a contour and an overall bronzer and I absolutely LOVE IT!  I've been out in the sun all day on holidays to Europe etc and it has stayed put all day, whereas other bronzers tend to fade and dissapear. You also get a lot of product with this. (I purchased mine in 2013 and it is still going) this product, you can purchase from your nearest NARS counter or on their website at a price of £27.50. This is a higher end bronzer, however in my opinion it is 100% worth it. The packaging is very sleek and beautiful too!! 


The swatch above doesn't really do this bronzer justice as it looks 100x prettier in person. 

I really really really love this bronzer!! 

The Balm - Bahama Mama bronzer 



TheBalm is a brand that I have recently discovered and so far, I am loving their products. After watching Shannon Harris on YouTube rave about this product, I went out and purchased it myself on feelunique.com. This bronzer is probably the darkest of all the bronzers I own, however it is still very 'workable'. I use this as a contour for my cheeks and it works perfectly for that. 


The bronzer is very matte and cool toned so it is perfect for contouring. It would also work as a bronzer for those of you who have darker skin. 

One thing I have to mention too is the packaging. TheBalm do really cute package designs for their products, which are also really compact and sleek too so perfect for slipping into your makeup bag and travelling. 

Benefit Cosmetics - Hoola Bronzer 



Finally, I want to talk about Benefit Hoola! This bronzer is and one of my favourites and probably one of the most talked about bronzers out there. Hoola is a beautiful bronzer that works well as an all over bronzer and a contour, which is what I primarily use it for. It also comes with a brush, which is surprisingly good especially for contour as it can produce a really nice fine line for contouring before blending it out. 


The formula of this is slightly chalky, however it blends out beautifully and effortlessly. 

This bronzer is currently priced at £24.50 so it is a higher end bronzer, however in my opinion it is worth it. I got mine for my birthday in November (2014) and it is still going strong. I use this religiously too! 

MAC - Bronzing Powder in Golden 



MAC's Golden is a product that I have been wanting to try for ages and I finally purchased it with high expectations. 

Although I now wish I had purchased a darker shade... Golden is still a really nice colour that looks beautiful on light to medium skin tones. It is very warm and has a slight shimmer. It also looks slightly orangey so can make you look very tanned without it being too much. Basically what I mean is it is orange without making you look orange... Weird I know! 


As this is a fairly new product, I cannot say much about it, however at the moment I have been using it almost every day and I am loving it so far! 

You can purchase this for £25 at MACcosmetics.co.uk 

Let me know what your favourite bronzers are as I am always on the lookout to try more :) 

I hope you are all having an awesome summer!! 

Love, 

Katie 

X



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Press

Followers

Copyright © Neverland Katie | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com