Sunday 28 June 2015

REVIEW: Bareminerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream in Buttercream ♡

Hi everyone, 

I have a very exciting review for you today! It is on the fairly new innovative product by Bareminerals.... the complexion rescue!! 

After hearing amazing things about this product and reading tonnes of reviews, I finally bit the bullet and purchased one myself! 

Now I have never been the one to wear 'light' coverage foundations, mainly because I feel uncomfortable and anxious about my skin and appearance in general. I usually go for medium to full coverage, however recently I've been wanting to look more 'natural' and 'barely there'. One of the reasons for this is the weather. We are now in summer and I just find that my usual foundations dry up my skin really quickly and make my skin feel powdery. Plus all my pores emphasise, making my skin look dull and just icky! 

The way that Bareminerals have described their new Complexion Rescue is by explaining the concept around the build up of the product itself. Most BB/CC creams or tinted moisturisers have their colour pigments on the outside and oils etc on the inside, whereas this product takes an inside out approach with mineral infused water on the outside with pigments on the inside. 

As a person with combo/dry skin, it made perfect sense to me to give this product a go as it is the water that first hits and hydrated your skin as opposed to the pigments. I was sold!!! 

The product itself is a new invention in itself but it is described as a cross between a BB/CC cream and a tinted moisturiser. 


The thing that I love about this product is that it comes in 35mls as opposed to 30mls, which is your standard foundation size. Another thing I love is the brush that was made to be purchased along side the cream (smoothing face brush). I've used the brush a few times now and it helps to get a more even coverage and is good to use if you want to layer the product and get more coverage. I actually really do like the brush and think it works perfectly with this product. It is fairly expensive though and I wouldn't normally buy a brush as expensive as this but in my eyes, it is worth it. 


I was matched to the shade 03 Buttercream at the Bareminerals, which I thought was a bit odd considering I am a 08 Bare Beige in the Serum foundation, however she explained that the shades were completely different. I'd recommend that everyone get matched at the counter. 


In terms of the consistency, it's very much like a moisturiser. It blends out effortlessly and has a slight cooling effect to the skin too. I would recommend shaking the bottle before you apply though and be careful when you squeeze the tube as it can be easy to squeeze out too much. 


As you can see, it looks a lot like a normal foundation in terms of the payoff pigmentation wise. What I LOVE about this product is the way it feels on the skin. It honestly reminds me so much of when you get facial and your skin just feels really smooth and soft. This is super rare for me especially because I have some really dry patches on my skin. 

It is perfect for summer too as it leaves your skin slightly dewy and glowy but not shiny! 


Above is a photo of me wearing the complexion rescue underneath my makeup (only concealer under my eyes and powder, so NO foundation). It took me 3 layers to achieve this result as I have some scarring and pigmentation issues. 

My skin instantly looks a lot brighter and healthier and it just looks ... good! It's quite hard to explain and I am still slightly baffled by this product considering I live in foundation. I honestly didn't think I could look this good without foundation but I am pleasantly surprised. 

If you are like me and want to wean yourself off full coverage foundations or just want to look more fresh and natural, I would highly, highly reccomend this product!! 

I will continuously be using this as I think it is amazing and although the coverage is very light (but buildable) it still somehow manages to make me look nice (I won't say flawless) and my skins general appearance look beautiful. 

In terms of the price, I got mine at the Bareminerals counter in John Lewis for £23.40 and the brush for £21.60 as there was a 10% off discount. 

I'd give this product a 9/10 hands down. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Press

Followers

Copyright © Neverland Katie | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com